Saturday 21 March 2015

Screen Printing.

Today I have been starting to create some work from the objects I collected from Formby. So I started choosing some objects that I found most interesting in structure and shapes that I could expose onto a screen. However some of the objects were either too sharp or could not be flattened so I am planning to try scanning them and putting the images on another screen. Once coated the screen it needed to dry I then exposed the objects, washed the screen then waited again for it to dry. Once dry I could start printing, I was really happy with how well the objects had exposed onto the screen. I started by choosing the sections I found most interesting for my first prints by taping them off I could print them separately. These worked well and I then started to try printing the whole image. I changed from using a deep green to a golden brown sandy colour inspired by the colour of the seaweed i had collected. The colour worked really well I loved the prints for the mixture of block, bold shapes of the leaves and the fine, delicate lines of the string.



 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment