Wednesday 25 March 2015

Dry point from collected objects.

I started doing some dry point drawings on metal plates from some of the objects I collected. Previously I have only glued objects to a metal plate to print so drawing into the plate was something I haven't tried before. Once the drawing was finished I could start applying the ink and using skim to remove the excess. with the plate inked and ready for me to start using I soaked some paper then dried it using the blotters. The first couple of prints came through but only faintly so I thought of adding more ink the next time and pressure. The prints still didn't come out as clear as I wanted to due to the paper the second time being too damp. Today I ran out of time to correct this but I plan to try this again and maybe crop the plate down so I don't print so much of the general marks on the plate.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment