Wednesday 11 March 2015

Further painting.

Here I started trying painting a coastal landscape from one of my own photographs I took whilst on holiday in Cornwall. I tried the blocking technique I learnt from the painting workshop. Again it made the process easier but decided that it could not always be used for every painting. I feel although this piece is successful after having a tutorial about my work the path I'm currently going down could become predictable therefore I will start to look at a wide range of materials, mediums and processes I can use rather than narrowing it down just painting landscapes.
 
Mullion Cove, Coast of Cornwall. My own photograph.

 
Start of my painting.

Finished painting.
 
I think this painting could be improved by adding more light and warm tones to the land and also the reflection of the sunset on the water like the photograph shows above.

No comments:

Post a Comment