Monday 16 March 2015

Quote of inspiration.

After talking to my tutor about where to go with my work I explained I had been getting books from the library to do with painting landscapes and techniques. One book really inspired me which was; The inspiration of landscape, Artists in National Parks, Brian Redhead. In this book there had been 20 artists commissioned to go to the national parks of Britain and create a piece of artwork from the place they have chosen. Andy Goldsworthy was one of these artists and it was his explanation of the photograph of a sculpture he made on site in the national park that inspired me. He was explaining that having to follow the tune of the weather and materials was what he enjoyed most as Goldsworthy found he was no longer in control of the materials instead they worked in a partnership. "To make work like this in the Lake District he has to understand the weather, the water's surface, the sky, the lake bottom - all these qualities - and put them together".

scans from book.



No comments:

Post a Comment