Monday 16 March 2015

Hidden Salford Continued.

After collecting our research photographs we decided to respond to each of our own set of photos separately keeping the same only that we wanted to use no colour and have an element of stitch into the piece.

start of some primary drawings on card.


Here chalk, graphite and pencil drawings.
 
 
I decided to experiment with printing the photos in different ways I wanted to do an emulsion print onto different fabrics but found that they were too cloudy for the effect I wanted to create. So as I wanted them to be more transparent and clear when held up to light I started doing cello tape printing. Were I would apply cello tape in strips across the front of the printed photograph and then use a sponge with a little water to rub away the paper.




I was really happy with the results and but realised I needed to apply the element of stitch I chose to try and machine stitch over drawings I had done from my photographs and although these worked I preferred the transparency of the cello tape prints.



Therefore I decided to combine the two by stitching over the prints which worked well as it made the aspects I loved most in the photos stand out more.



No comments:

Post a Comment