Monday 1 December 2014

Drawing with Stitch.

I really enjoyed this workshop as it was lots of fun just trying the different patterns and stitches. The stitches like 25,26,27,28 would be really interesting as a stitch drawing from a microscopic image. I was even thinking I could experiment by stitching into acetate drawings, drawings and paintings I have done from microscopic images could be interesting also. This workshop helped me so much to get to grips with the sewing machines. I learnt so much as well that I didn't realise you could do on a sewing machine. An example being that you can attach two things together by separating them and continuing the stitch from one to the other. Another would be doing a stitch on paper then ripping the top piece of paper and the stitch will stay in tact.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment