Tuesday 12 May 2015

Artist research- Objects from Formby beach.

Jean Emmons botanical style works inspired me to look at the details of natural objects as their structure, colours, and organic shapes can inspire. Her attention to the intricate detail is beautiful.
 



Objects collected from Formby beach.

Kew Gardens was also a massive inspiration in me changing my idea on this project from looking at nature in general to instead looking at natural objects rather. Although Kew Gardens is beautiful for walks and looking at the wildlife I found the galleries most intriguing. The composition of each object, drawing or painting really captures your attention.
 

 
Rosie Sanders is another botanical artist I have found and took inspiration from her use of watercolours. I love how she can achieve such detail in this medium and give the flowers a look of weightlessness.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment